Friday, March 27, 2009

Iyaloo = thank you/cheers/any celebratory remark

I finally got the internet working on my laptop! Unless its some cruel April Fool's joke, it will stay working indefinitely (or at least for awhile). Everyday seems to be April Fool's Day here. The bus driver showing up without the bus, promises of teaching housing hindered by the World Cup, finding out that learners will no longer be camping after spending 8 hours and $100 shopping for supplies. School will only be closed for one week - psych - 5 weeks later.......I am half anticipating Ashton Kutcher to jump out from behind a donkey yelling "You've been Punk'd!"

In case this glory does not last, I am going to post as many pictures as possible now. I have also started an album on Facebook.
ENJOY!


My home!
I live in a small compound that has four flats- mine is the door to the right of the trees. I live next to/with eight Grade 11 learners and another teacher. The building behind the trees is my shower and the outhouse is not pictured - thankfully located far from my windows.









Apparently that is all the pictures I can upload........April Fool's!


No comments: